The Receptionist’s role is to help the Doctors and patients, and they will be pleased to advise you on any aspect of the running of the practice.
They may need to ask you for information when you telephone or visit the surgery. This is to ensure that we can assist you appropriately and as quickly as possible. The reception staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the doctors and nurses. If you need to speak privately, please tell the receptionist. Their job is very demanding, so your patience when they are busy will be much appreciated.
Members of the reception team are available to help patients from 8am to 6.30pm.
Our Receptionists can help you in:
- making, amending and cancelling appointments
- making telephone consultation appointments
- advise how to obtain repeat prescriptions
- complete forms
- make medical examination requests, for example Large Good Vehicle (LGV), Taxi Medicals and Fostering
- obtain results of tests
- enquire about hospital referrals