Thank you for booking an appointment with us to have your flu vaccination. This year due to Covid-19 we will be running our flu clinics differently taking into account current social distancing guidelines and Public Health England guidance on maintaining immunisation programmes during Covid.
In view of the above we would be most grateful if you would note the following :-
- Your appointment will be at Biddulph Town Hall, High Street, Biddulph ST8 6AR.
- Please attend on time for your appointment (not early) and alone if possible.
- As the vaccination will be given in a public area please ensure you wear suitable clothing i.e. a short sleeved top.
- There is no parking available at the Town Hall but there is a drop off point outside.
- Please wear a face mask or face covering when attending for your appointment.
- You must not attend if you have a new continuous cough, a high temperature, a loss of or change in normal sense of smell or taste.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding
Flu is an infectious and common viral illness spread by coughs and sneezes.
It's not the same as the common cold. Flu is caused by a different group of viruses. Symptoms tend to be more severe and last longer.
You can catch flu – short for influenza – all year round, but it is especially common in winter, which is why it is also known as "seasonal flu".